Coming up next on Problematic Reviews

Coming up next on Problematic Reviews

Thursday, July 18, 2013

News Update - July 17: Back From Guatemala | Away From Keyboard Round-Up


Hello again, everypony. I'm happy to say my leave of laziness is finally over. After two weeks of family reunions and the likes in the mountains, I'm rested and ready to get back to work. Without further ado, let's get on to the weekly news. In the first slot, we have the Away From Keyboard Roundup and some news in the world of other FiM Fiction reviewers. Secondly, a letter of thanks to you guys. Catch this and more below.

 Away From Keyboard Roundup

Chris from One Man's Pony Ramblings on vacation

The man who inspired me to get into critique, Chris from One Man's Pony Ramblings is going on a family vacation for the rest of the month starting on the 20th of July. I don't have any information on who else was invited, but I believe there will be some guest columns posted to fill the gap. Stay safe and have a good trip, Chris!

Vengeance of Dawn Editing 

Scipio Smith released this blog on the 3th of July:

I've just done some editing on chapters 1 through 5 of Vengeance of Dawn. Mostly grammar stuff, with a few minor changes here and there. My main aim is to reduce the sloppiness that Admujica rightly identified in her review. If anyone wants to re-read those early chapters and let me know what they think of the changes that would be most appreciated.
Cheers
It's pretty cool to be mentioned but I'm happier to see work being done to improve the story. I reviewed Scipio Smith's Vengeance of Dawn before I left and slammed it for its unpolished grammar and editing. Read the review here. The fact that Smith is giving the story a new coat of paint is very pleasant indeed. Read Vengeance of Dawn here.

Vengeance of Dawn Reviewed by cheezesauce

Yeah. Vengeance of Dawn has been getting a lot of attention. Positive attention, mind you. Scipio Smith's little ray of sunshine got praised by none other than one of WRITE's very own reviewers, cheezesauce. Opening by saying he was "floored" by the story, the review is highly praising. Go check out his review here! Read Vengeance of Dawn here.

Away From Keyboard Roundup: Problematic Reviews

Story Updates: July 2013

New Of Age chapter, Preservation's Lethe gets overhauled, and The Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee gets reviewed by The Equestrian Critics Society! All of it nicely summed up in this update. Read it here.

Announcing The Problematic Network Presents - Fallout Equestria: Render Unto Disharmony

 My friend Alphagear announces his newest project: Fallout Equestria: Render Unto Disharmony.
Read it here

Closing Statements: A Letter of Thanks

Gather around, my dearest readers. The blog is getting pretty close to its 5,000 views milestone now and I presume that it's about time to say a wonderful two word gesture: thank you. It's been an amazing journey and I know there's plenty still to come. Just about five months ago, I never thought I would be reaching out to so many people, leaving my mark on FiM Fiction (or at least a part of it), and being acknowledged by the very man who drove me to FiM Fiction those many months ago. However, that's not the point. What I'm trying to say is, to those new as well as old readers, is: you have changed my life in ways you can't imagine. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Admujica 

No comments:

Post a Comment